Sunday, February 5, 2012

Academy Award Looks to Love: Jan's Picks

I found picking Academy Award Looks To Love  to be challenging. There are so many different dresses from different times. However, I finally narrowed it down to a few that I really liked over the years ...



I love this dress on Keira Knightley. The color is surprising and looks fabulous with her skin tone. The shape of the dress is also very flattering for her figure. A mermaid dress requires a very lean figure to pull off and Keira pulls this dress off perfectly. I think this is the best I have seen Keira Knightley look.



If the fact that this dress is made with 14 karat gold does not sell you, then I don't know what does. I thought this color looked lovely on her. The dress is also very flattering on her petite figure.



This dress may not be fantastic, but I for one do not find Cate Blanchett to be attractive in the slightest sense of the word. However, this color is stunning on her!

 

Renee Zellweger usually looks terrible (in my opinion). This simple yellow gown is both a great color and fit. I absolutely love it!

 

I was not sure about adding this Charlize Theron gown to the mix at first. Only Charlize can make a dress like this look glamorous as apposed to slutty. The color and details look phenomenal on her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate Hudson's dress is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I noticed you both picked the orange dress from Charlize Theron. This is one of my favorite looks, too. Her hair and makeup was fabulous, too!!